Peer Review
After presenting my magazine to the class I received various pieces of feedback both positive and negative. The majority of the feedback was cosmetic, so it will vastly help me improve the look of my magazine as a whole. The first piece I received was to change my font color of the magazine. The class informed me to change my font color from pink to blue. My original thinking for making the font pink was because of the appeal to my audience which is young women. However, my class informed me that using a common female stereotype such as pink in my magazine took away from the true nature of my magazine which is female athletics. I feel that this piece of advice was crucial in refining my magazine and really improved my magazine as a whole. Next, I was told my content page was too bland. I was advised to either add a picture related to golf as my background, or just add a picture anywhere. This would also help me stay parallel to the house style which my group followed. When gauging the importance of this piece, I can understand why giving my content page life and following the house style is extremely important. Adding on the issue of house style, there were a few inconsistencies within our magazines. For example, our fonts did not match and it was so noticeable that it threw off our audience. This is a major issue as Cambridge is explicit with there requirement of following house style. Furthermore, there were a few picture placement issues that made our magazines noticeably different. When evaluating the importance of this piece of feedback, it is extremely helpful because of the magnitude it has within the Cambridge grading system. Looking at some more pieces of criticism, I was told that I should try using a sleeker font. for my cover page. While this is useful, I don't find it as helpful because it is far more opiniated than the other pieces of feedback and ultimately doesn't have as grand an effect as the other. Additionally, there were a few simple things that I forgot to place in my magazine that were brought up. For example, I didn't put my selling line on my cover. While simple, its a helpful piece of criticism that is an easy fix, and will ensure that I'm not losing free points on my magazine. Another simple thing was grammar on my cover page. I put periods after all my articles listed on my cover which is actually incorrect. This piece was given by my instructor, and ultimately helped my magazine look that much more realistic. Now, looking at some positive pieces of feedback, it helped me see what I did well on. First, my class noted that my cover looked very professionally made. When assessing the importance of this quote, it helps me understand my strengths and weaknesses in making a magazine cover. Furthermore, my class informed me that the pictures I took looked very nice. This helped show off my photography skills and further contributed to my magazine cover creating ability. After taking all this feedback into consideration, there are quite a few things I need to change. First, I would like to focus on making my magazine parallel to the house style created by my group. This is an extremely important factor in the grading of my project, and was emphasized heavily to me by my instructor. Next, I want to refine the cosmetic aspect of my magazine as a whole, whether it be font, font color, image placement, etc. I feel that since I understand what people are looking for and like, I can make an even better project that will accommodate my target audience even further. When taking into account the amount of positive feedback I feel like my project is in a good state, but definitely needs improvement.
Comments
Post a Comment