Decision Day

Premier pro and InDesign both seem like very good programs, however, premier pro seems much too confusing for me. I personally like InDesign much better because it has features of word and reminds me a lot of Microsoft publisher which I am very familiar with. It is not that I wasn’t interested in doing the movie project, however the program seems too hard for me to use, and I feel like I would really struggle trying to make a movie on premier pro. Furthermore, I feel as if the tutorials provided really didn’t do a good job of covering the whole program. There would be no point in using a program that takes the amount of time to become proficient in using it as the time spent doing the actual. Another thing I really connected was with the amount of time it took me to create something. Adobe premiere pro took me nearly an entire class period just to upload a picture. With InDesign I was able to create a scene by fading two pictures together in a matter of minutes. Based on the examples we viewed in class, the movie opening seemed like it seemed to take much more creativity. The movie openings brought in aspects that I would never even begin to think to incorporate, such as suspense font coloring and style, and music. All these aspects seemed to go over my head, as to even notice their effect, they had to be pointed out by the teacher. With the magazines, I seemed to understand each aspect easier, and by myself. For example, one thing I picked up fast on was the target audience. Each magazine clearly sets its target audience immediately, and it was very easy for me to understand. I feel as though I could very well incorporate this aspect into one of my magazines that I make. Also, the magazine is much more tangible than a movie opening in my opinion, which is something I prefer. I have always been able to better understand things I can hold in front of me, rather than something like a video. Taking all these ideas into account, I will be doing the magazine rather than the movie project. When making this decision I really wanted to think long and hard, taking all aspects of my personality, and technological skills into account. The movie will not allow me to show my full creative ability, and the technological barrier will only hold me back from my true potential. While I would love to create a movie, I just think it is not feasible. The magazine cover is much more ideal for my skillset, and will allow me to do the best. 

Magazines Creates with Indesign 

Indesign Software 





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production 1-Scouting and Planning

Storyboard Introduction